Birches has Closed on its New Property!

Wang house.jpg

On November 17, Birches closed on its new property at 100 Bedford Road in Lincoln. The 16-acre property was the home for 60 years of Dr. An Wang and his wife Lorraine. Most of this land, with the exception of the four-acre parcel on which the house sits, will be conserved by the Lincoln Land Trust which partnered with Birches in the purchase. Although the former Wang property is situated very close to Route 2, it feels like a rural retreat: Partnering with the Land Trust, Birches looks forward to pursuing its rigorous and joyful nature-based education which has as one of its goals the raising of the next generation of conservationists.

The Wangs purchased the property in 1957 and Mrs. Wang planted a small Chinese crabapple that year which has grown into a majestic and welcoming tree. Earlier in the fall, our teachers were invited to see the property and some of them posed on or near this tree. Dr. and Mrs. Wang were great supporters of educational initiatives and we like to think they would be pleased to see our teachers here.